An independent, private, nondenominational, Christian school for grades K-12
Located at First United Methodist Church
220 South Main St.
New Carlisle, OH 45344
(Click for Google map)
Guiding Shepherd Christian School will provide a supportive learning environment to meet the developmental needs of the students. The Christ centered school ministry will serve as a role model to motivate students to develop skills of leadership, citizenship, and life skills based on scripture. The staff will help children grow and mature spiritually, mentally, physically, and socially.
- Experienced, accredited teachers and staff
- Multi-age classrooms with cooperative learning and interaction
- Biblically integrated lessons intellectual growth and spiritual growth
- Small classroom size with a focus on individual learning styles
- Special field trips to enhance curriculum
- Parent-teacher organization to support learning
- Technology used in the classroom
Licensing & Offerings
- Licensed by the Ohio Department of Education
- K-12 curriculum following Ohio Board of Education standards
- Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) Participant
- Member of the National Honor Society
- Bus transportation available
Search for "Guiding Shepherd Christian School"
State Nondiscriminatory Statement
The governing board of Guiding Shepherd Christian School has adopted the following racial nondiscriminatory policies: The school recruits and admits students of any race, color, gender or ethnic origin to all its rights, privileges, programs and activities. In addition, the school will not discriminate in the admission of its educational programs and athletic/
extracurricular activities. Furthermore, the school is not intended to be an alternative to court or administrative agency ordered, or public school district initiated desegregation. The school will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender or ethnic origin in the hiring of its certified or non-certified personnel.
Federal Nondiscriminatory Statement
The Guiding Shepherd Christian School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.